Monday, May 3, 2010

Eating chicken causes men to become gay...and bald

So said Bolivian President Evo Morales at the inauguration of an international climate change conference earlier this week.
The statement is so ridiculous that it hardly merits an answer, and I have ignored this story since I first heard it. (Many friends from around the region have sent me this news item)
I can't ignore it anymore, and neither has the poultry industry, since this dumb statement has made it into the news media around the world.
Representatives of the poultry industry from Bolivia, Brazil, Peru, Colombia and even Spain have made statements to the press, once again clarifying that the poultry industry does not feed hormones to chickens or hens. They don't do it and never will. In fact, its against the law in the US and Europe.
As to the claims that eating chicken turns men gay and bald, why even bother to answer that idiocy?(Unfortunately, in my travels I have heard more than once that some people actually believe that). ...Read the full blog on www.animalagnet.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment